[BangPypers] mobile application development

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 07:55:32 CET 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 12:08 PM, Pankaj Nathani <croozeus at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Anand,
>
> >Now let me ask you, if you are starting mobile development today
> and given these two phones, which one will you pick ?
>
> I had choose Symbian over Maemo for now, only for the fact that there is
> just one phone device with Maemo on it and other devices to be released are
> going to be mobile computers rather than phones.

 Ok. I would opt for N900 cuz I expect the tablet computer/Internet mobile
device/smart-phone divisions to blur in the coming years. Most of
mobile computing is going to be on such devices and yes Symbian
would still run on lower-end phones, but that is not a class of technology
I worry about.

> >I might be mistaken here, but PyS60 has been there for some time -
> but can  you point out at least a few popular applications entirely
> developed using it ? I can't find even one good game that has been coded
> entirely in PyS60 so far.
>

> http://developer.symbian.org/wiki/index.php/Python_Technical_Overview#Sample_Applications
> http://croozeus.com/blogs/?page_id=838

 I see you are an avid PyS60 developer :)

--Anand