[BangPypers] Python performance

Venkatraman S venkat83 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 08:58:52 CET 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 1:25 PM, Ramdas S <ramdaz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Are there any recommendations on how I can improve performances in case of
> I/O. I have a program that opens between 4 to 7 text files in memory to
> analyze data. It runs beautifully on some 100 odd lines of Python code, but
> its quite slow, sometimes taking a few more seconds than desired.

# Number of Lines of code dont matter
# If you are using some regexes - then check/optimize it.
# It also depends on how you are reading the files - are you reading
everything in one go?
# Basically, perf improvement cant be done unless some person me$$e$ around
with the env or scans through the code.

-V-
http://twitter.com/venkasub