[BangPypers] Django + Lighttpd + Global Variables are getting initalized frequently

Hussain Bohra hussainbohra_30 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 2 11:30:28 CET 2009

Hi All,

I am using Django and Lighttpd Webserver, for one of our tool.
I am initializing one variable as a global at the top of file and updating the same on some particular function call. What I am observing is it works fine for some time but after some time variable defined on the top get reinitialized but happening with random pattern of time-- (can be confirmed from the log message), I guess complete module is getting loaded again

I was facing the same problem in Django Development server also, but I am able to come across the same using '--noreload' option, python manage.py runserver --noreload, and updation of my variable is working properly

but i cant able to find any thing similar for runfcgi, python manage.py runfcgi daemonize=true.

Any one do let me know, what can be done to avoid reinitialize of a source file (i.e. once get loaded in a memory, should not be updated until web server restarts), I tried removing py file and start server with .pyc files, then also same problem is coming.

Thankx in advance

Thanks and Regards,
Hussain Bohra