[BangPypers] Announe version 2.16.1 of the python bindings for GObject.
praveen.python.plone at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 05:21:36 CET 2009
Announe version 2.16.1 of the python bindings for GObject.
The new release available from ftp.gnome.org as and its mirros as soon as
its synced coorectly.
What's new since PyGObject 2.16.0?
- Apply the patch provided by Cygwin Ports maintainer
(Paul Pogonyshev, #564018)
- Bad -I ordering can break build, patch from [dmacks netspace org]
(Gian Mario Tagliaretti, #566737)
- Fix keyword list to be in sync with positional arguments
- Add a comment explaining why the two for loops for registering
interfaces (Gustavo Carneiro)
- Huge cleanup of GIO overrides (Paul, #566706)
- gtk.Buildable interface method override is not recognized
- Do not escape the ampersand "&" in entity references. Replace some
unusual entity references in the output with their literal values.
(Daniel Elstner, #568485)
- gio.InputStream.read_async can cause memory corruption.
- Inconsistent use of tabs and spaces in pygtk.py (Paul, #569350)
- Huge fix of memory leaks in GIO (Paul, Paolo Borelli, Gian,
- non-async functions don't release python locks before calling
blocking C functions (Gian, Gustavo, #556250)
- Change comment to avoid false positives when grep'ing for
gtk functions (Andre Klapper)
- ltihooks.py updating license header from GPL to LGPL
*GObject is a object system library used by GTK+ and GStreamer.
*PyGObject provides a convenient wrapper for the GObject library for use
in Python programs, and takes care of many of the boring details such as
managing memory and type casting. When combined with PyGTK, PyORBit and
gnome-python, it can be used to write full featured Gnome applications.
*Like the GObject library itself PyGObject is licensed under the
GNU LGPL, so is suitable for use in both free software and proprietary
applications. It is already in use in many applications ranging
from small single purpose scripts up to large full
*PyGObject requires glib >= 2.14.0 and Python >= 2.3.5 to build.
GIO bindings require glib >= 2.16.0.
to know more about
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the BangPypers