[BangPypers] Do we have any NetBeans IDE for Python users here?

Amit k. Saha amitsaha.in at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 10:03:16 CET 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 2:27 PM, Senthil Kumaran <orsenthil at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 2:18 PM, Amit k. Saha <amitsaha.in at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I had tried netbeans long time ago and I felt it was similar to
>>> Eclipse. I could not get myself used to both.  :)
>>
>> *Long* time ago ?
>
> Yup, may be I tried not with w.r.t Python, but for C++ and I am not
> really sure. I had got the DVD via postal mail or at FOSS.in
> conference.  Yeah, It could be for C++ and noticing that Python plugin
> was not there, I went for Eclipse.
>
> Good work Amit on the Docs. I glanced through it and it looks promising.

Thanks!
<I did some code too :-) >

> As you have already seem to know NETBEANS, can you help us by
> illustrating some of the main differences whichs NETBEANS has (which
> pydev or any other other IDE (Komodo, Wingware)) does not have?

That is the exact reason I asked the BangPypers.

I know and use Python in some of my scripts, for fun & learning,
articles and foo bar tasks.. But I don't Python for a living or even a
full time hobby.  So, my experience with other IDE's is merely having
a 10 min or so look.. The largest Python program was a partially
complete - Approximate Reasoning software-  was pretty large but I
managed to manage it via IDLE. That was 1.5 years ago..So, my
experience with IDEs is pretty limited..

Your opinions will help me - and the other developers in the Python
support for NetBeans, to shape up the future..

Best,
Amit