[BangPypers] Do we have any NetBeans IDE for Python users here?

Senthil Kumaran orsenthil at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 10:38:45 CET 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 2:33 PM, Amit k. Saha <amitsaha.in at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks!
> <I did some code too :-) >

That's great! I had recently seen the mention of NETBEANS at
http://wiki.python.org Editors list and it stayed in my mind. Nice
that we have another editor for Python.

>> As you have already seem to know NETBEANS, can you help us by
>> illustrating some of the main differences whichs NETBEANS has (which
>> pydev or any other other IDE (Komodo, Wingware)) does not have?
>
> That is the exact reason I asked the BangPypers.
>
> I know and use Python in some of my scripts, for fun & learning,
> articles and foo bar tasks.. But I don't Python for a living or even a
> full time hobby.  So, my experience with other IDE's is merely having
> a 10 min or so look.. The largest Python program was a partially
> complete - Approximate Reasoning software-  was pretty large but I
> managed to manage it via IDLE. That was 1.5 years ago..So, my
> experience with IDEs is pretty limited..
>
> Your opinions will help me - and the other developers in the Python
> support for NetBeans, to shape up the future..

I shall definitely give it a try and let you/group know the comments.
I am sure, other members will give it a try too. :)

--
Senthil