[BangPypers] Open source India

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 12:21:36 CET 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 4:43 PM, Ramakrishna Reddy <ramkrsna at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 4:20 PM, Anand Balachandran Pillai
> <abpillai at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I skip fsck.in, missed freed.in and it seems osidays
>> are for suits.  So where am I placed ?
>
>  +1. Lets have a PyCon India, on a the similar lines of Pycon,
> community run.  Nothing big and fancy, but proper Developer | System
> Administrator | user mini conference or a Python Activity Day.
> Sometime later this year. I personally would not prefer fsck.in. Not
> everone is a developer :P but with python you can become one in a few
> hours. I still believe there is lot we can do in order to spread
> python . Over past few years I have seen Ruby. Rails as a framework
> picking up only with the hype around the technologies.

+1  for this (for long time, it must be now carrying interest).
We have mooted this idea here and even tried to pull one
but I guess the planning was not good.

I think a conference where everything down from concept,
planning, motives and finances were open and not
controlled by a secret cabal is what we want.  It should
be for developers, but for anyone who has even written
only one line of code in Python.  Still, it should not be
too generic so that it becomes an unconference.

Also, we will accept all fruits and vegetables,
including high and low hanging, not just people making
omlettes ;)

I think, if we can get a discussion going around this topic,
we can form ideas concrete enough to organize
PyCon India at least in 2010.

> regards
> --
> Ramakrishna Reddy                                               GPG
> Key ID:31FF0090
> Fingerprint =  18D7 3FC1 784B B57F C08F  32B9 4496 B2A1 31FF 0090

Regards,

--
-Anand