[BangPypers] Open source India

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 12:45:41 CET 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 5:04 PM, Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at au-kbc.org> wrote:
> On Friday 27 February 2009 16:51:36 Anand Balachandran Pillai wrote:
>> I think, if we can get a discussion going around this topic,
>> we can form ideas concrete enough to organize
>> PyCon India at least in 2010.
>
> ok september in Bangalore will give us enough time to plan - lets fix a date
> (maybe 3 days) and go ahead.

You mean plan for a Sep 09 conference, or Sep 10 ?

And shouldn't we form the mandatory top-level conference
committee of supreme overlords who will have absolute oversight
on everything ?

Btw, we would also need a BDFL also, where "B" stands for
"Benevolent" not "Benefactor", as it seems to do in some
cases. Kenneth, why don't you take the lead here :)

Ok, I guess I had enough fun... I really think we should
form a plan for this. As a first step I suggest forming a mailing
list to discuss only this topic and get Jeff Rush into the conspiracy.
I would request Jeff to create a Pycon India discussion mailing
list on Python.org if it sounds good to others.

> --
> regards
> Kenneth Gonsalves
> Associate