[BangPypers] Open source India

Lakshman Prasad scorpion032 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 13:24:10 CET 2009

+1 for the PyCon India. A 3 day event. I think its high time!

If not a Conference or a Track within barcamp, which is next weekend (March
7 and 8) at Yahoo EGL campus, I think we could do with a few more technical
sessions of Python. The event this time around is a technology focussed
event and many sessions are regisetered even related to python, web
frameworks, django etc. I think some people of this list register sessions
on things like Py3k porting, Py internals, for instance.

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 5:34 PM, Ramdas S <ramdas at developeriq.com> wrote:

>> Frankly, I dislike going this way. For one, it spreads energies
>> and barcamp is definitely an unconference. I think the first PyCon
>> India, if it ever happens should be a regular conference.
>>
>> Let us not confuse ourselves right from the start. Barcamp
>> is barcamp, not pycamp, period.
>>

> No I am just updating the back references for benefit of new members.
>
> I agree that a conference should be a conference.
>
> This years Pycon is a nine day event with tutorials and development
> sprints.
>
> I am OK even with a 2 day event, since its the first time around, with a
> third day for options such as sprints, BOFs or tutorials
>
> Ramdas
>
> Anand,
>
> Can you find out whether there are any obligations we may have for using
> Pycon name?
>

>> > Ramdas

>> --
>> -Anand