[BangPypers] PyCon India Proposal

Ramdas S ramdas at developeriq.com
Sat Feb 28 07:25:21 CET 2009

You can start by announcing it in

1) All User Groups -- like django, TG, Pylons, etc. There are a few hundred
user groups.. It is viral.

2) Bloggers can start blogging about it.

3) We can have a few magazines as Media sponsors. We can get the ads
bartered.

4) Target LUGs. There are lots of Python fans there.

5) Get a few high profile bloggers in India and abroad to write about it.
Personal requests will help.

6) Its extremely important to get the big cos which has some interest in
Python involved. say Google. They can help evangelizing the conference.

7) If we are officially Pycon India, then don't worry, there will be
automatic links out of most Python related sites. You can bet that anyone
who's interested in Python will be visiting one such places in the next 5-6
months.

All the above steps will give you 99% of the target audience.

I think all these activities will cost absolutely nothing expect some
efforts from your home/office in your spare time.

Ramdas