[BangPypers] PyCon India Proposal

Ramakrishna Reddy ramkrsna at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 20:34:25 CET 2009

On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 12:07 PM, VidA <vid at svaksha.com> wrote:

> i would help with the above (and the local media) but wanted to
> discuss some things on thelist instead of editing the wiki and
> annoying folks.

That would be great.

>> Good ideas. I have a page at
>> http://wiki.python.org/moin/PyConIndiaProposalDraft which I'm working on.
>
> 0. Should'nt this page include the proposed dates (September 4,5,6
> (Baiju M)) or is that still under discussion ?'
Yes , we need to finalise the dates. I guess we'll take it for a
discussion on the IRC . irc.freenode.org. #BangPypers

> 1. The Aims listed on the Draft page are huge in terms of scope and
> would take more than one conference to achieve.

Heh. Its just a two day old wiki draft. give it some time to mature.
pythonists are very energetic. wait and watch its gonna be awesome.

> 2. Would this be held only in Bangalore or would it be possible for
> local groups in different cities to hold their own 1/2/3 day events?

Usually the Original Pycon is given to user groups , who bid for it.
we'll BangPypers isnt still a society. So we dont hold an authority
.But we are intent to have a 3 day event. atleast I'm a +1 for a 3 day
event. As long as people  hold the event to spread python, I'm not
complaining.

> The "ProposalForPyConIndia" wiki page has a community discussion
> section with varying opinions. Before editing I wanted to clarify the
> following:
>
> 0. Earlier discussions on this list gave an impression of the conf
> being open to all (read newbies) but this is not clear on this wiki
> page. Has that changed?
> 1. Please clarify/define "dedicated conference". (As in, is the pyconf
> open to people like me who "dont code for a living" and yet grok
> technical concepts?)

Thats an interesting point.  learn how to program ;-) It pays to be a
python programmer. We need to discuss it over IRC.  Ofcourse its open
to everybody. Unless we plan to hire bouncers to kick people out after
taking their entry fee. another discussion , Entry Fee , is also a
topic for discussion.

> +1 for the low budget, sans swag concept but some clarity on what is
> the scope of the event, since its being held here for the first time,
> would be a lot nicer.  The conf planning page was a nice read :) so
> how about a "volunteers" page ?

Lets Keep it volunteer run, low budget and Honest. So everybody can
participate. Lets make it happen folks.

--
Ramakrishna Reddy                                               GPG
Key ID:31FF0090