[BangPypers] python

Pradeep Gowda pradeep at btbytes.com
Fri Jan 9 21:10:50 CET 2009

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 2:20 PM, (श्री) Sreekanth B <gnuyoga at gmail.com>wrote:

> hi kenneth,
> what u said may not be really true.... there are thousands out there
> in France and Germany who cannot even write a sentence in English;-)

That's because they study in French/German medium schools and not in English
medium schools like most of us. 16 years of using a language to learn
everything from math, science to engineering  should equip one with basic
skills, isn't it?

I'm not commenting on the original posters english ability.
Kenneth expressed what anybody in hiring  position would do -> "If this guy
cannot write a nice intro mail, how good can he be? etc. "

So, while Kenneth's mail can come across negatively, I think he has worked
enough youngsters to recognize that having good communication is as
important as programming skills to get a good job. especially in a bearish
job market.

My two paise...
FWIW,I studied in a Kannada medium school.

+PG