[BangPypers] Python use in IT service sector

Venkatraman S venkat83 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 11:12:15 CET 2009

On 1/11/09, Bharat Pathak <bharat_pathak at hotmail.com> wrote:

>      In  one of the bloggers and fan of python he
>      had evaluated speed of Matlab, C++ and Python.
>      The graph goes like this.
>
>      Matlab -----------> C++ --------------> Python
>
>      Python being fastest.

I am not sure whether i understand this statement right - the
statement is flawed if you had taken either of the development times
or the running times as the basis.
But let me clarify it in my own terms :

'Good' C++ is the fastest above; if you write crappy c++ then the
binary is huge and also the running times are NOT as one would expect
from C++. C++ is a very tricky language, but once learnt, it is sheer
ecstacy.

The integration of Python and C/C++ is one of the most beautiful thing
that man has ever created :P One gets to harness the speed(runtime) of
c++ and the fast development time of Python.

--
-V-
Blog @ http://blizzardzblogs.blogspot.com