[BangPypers] problem in implementing multiprocessing

Sibtey Mehdi sibteym at infotechsw.com
Thu Jan 15 08:01:49 CET 2009

If the created object in the process is not heavy then it seems to be
working fine. How I will communicate with the process if the object is
heavy. I have ported my application to python 2.6.1 to implement the
multiprocessing.

Thanks,
Sibtey

Anand Balachandran Pillai wrote:

The new multiprocessing module in py3k allows you
to do just that.

In short, this module allows you to do processor based
threading without getting blocked by the GIL.

--Anand

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 12:02 PM, Venkatraman S <venkat83 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 11:11 AM, Sibtey Mehdi <sibteym at infotechsw.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I am trying to implement the multiprocessing in my application to take
>> advantage of multiple cores.
>
> How is this possible? Elucidate plz.
>
> -V-
> http://twitter.com/venkat83