[BangPypers] problem in implementing multiprocessing

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 08:02:12 CET 2009

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 11:11 AM, Sibtey Mehdi <sibteym at infotechsw.com> wrote:
> I am trying to implement the multiprocessing in my application to take
> advantage of multiple cores. I have created two
>
> Separate process something like this.
>
> que = Queue
>
> Process(target = geDataFromMdbFile, args=(que , section, MdbFile,)).start()
> #2 times
>

> In geDataFromMdbFile function I create the object and add in to queue
> (que.put (object)).
>
> After that I fetch the object using que.get () and use in my application.
> but it takes more time

Since this is a new module I don't think many people here will
be able to help you out. Like, I was just reading the module documentation
and trying out some sample code when I saw your email...

The multiprocessing module provides a bunch of features like
Queue, Pool, worker processes, shared memory etc. But, it is not
very clear which feature to select for a particular class of problem.
The module documentation does not help much in this.

Btw, here is a presentation from Jesse Noller on multiprocessing.
I think it might be useful.

http://jessenoller.com/code/pyworks.pdf

This is question for c.l.py. Post your code there.

> To get the data.
>
> Any one can help me out this problem.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Sibtey Mehdi