[BangPypers] how to learn programming

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 06:15:30 CET 2009

> Algorithms play important role.I am not biased
> towards specific language but I have found those how have programmed  in
> C/C++ are generally better(in problem solving) than who program in other
> languages.

I completely disagree.

If you want to learn algorithms, then you better work with a
higher-level language that let you work without getting into lower
level details of bit and bytes.

Here is an article by a computer science prof saying why Python is the
best language for learning algorithms.

http://www.ece.uci.edu/~chou/py02/python.html

> This is not to say Python/Java etc  are bad but C/C++ forces  you
> to learn(without copy paste!) unlike java/Python where JDK provides all
> methods in API.Ofcourse this has happened because software apps have grown
> big in size and complexities than in 80s/90s where C/C++ were predominant.

The standard library of c/c++ is not powerful enough that you have to
keep carrying or copy-paste your favorite utilities in every program.

"Greenspun's Tenth Rule of Programming: any sufficiently complicated C
slow implementation of half of Common Lisp."