[BangPypers] how to learn programming

Vinayak Hegde vinayakh at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 11:15:26 CET 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 1:16 PM, Praveen Kumar <praveen at mahiti.org> wrote:
> Join the Association for Computing Machinery http://www.acm.org/ and make
> serious use of their Professional Development Center. It has hundreds of
> free, step-by-step tutorials, though you must be a member to use them.
> Student and discounted rates are available.

BTW just thought that I should mention that we have a local chapter of
ACM in Bangalore, which is fairly active. It could be a way to connect
with other programmers and learn from them You can visit the website
at http://acmbangalore.org

We recently had a conference called Compute 2009 where we had
tutorials on cloud computing and social networks. If you are
interested in the ACM Tech Talks
(http://acmbangalore.org/events/monthly-talk/) that we hold regularly,
you can signup for the ACM Bangalore mailing list at
http://groups.google.com/group/acm-bangalore-chapter/about?hl=en We
have recorded the tutorials and they will be put up shortly.

If you want to volunteer for ACM event we have a volunteer mailing
list at http://groups.google.com/group/acm-blr-volunteers/ We are
having a meeting this Sunday at ICH, 10.30am.

-- Vinayak