[BangPypers] how to learn programming

prasanna diwadkar pdiwadkar at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 23 16:22:04 CET 2009

I was talking in general.I am not saying python/java programmers are lesser quality than C/C++ .Ultimately programming is a programming is a programming.
Since 80s to late 90s many Indian/foreign(US etc) have been teaching programming in C/C++.When I talked to 2 ex-professors in India,they observed that the rigor when students go through using c/++ is higher than java/python.For.e.g.manipulation of linked list,hash table.IMO better programming is not just understaning the layers of abstraction but understanding some intracacies,what goes below the hood.

Regards
PD