[BangPypers] Announcing PyOFC2

Pradeep Gowda pradeep at btbytes.com
Sun Jan 25 03:48:26 CET 2009

I've written a python library to generate data files used by the excellent
open Flash chart 2.
The project page: http://btbytes.github.com/pyofc2/

Click on the links on the left to see the resulting charts.

There are a couple of advantages PyOFC2 has over the one distributed with
OFC2.

 1. Complete. I've implemented python wrapper classes for all chart types
and elements.
 2. Pythonic. The original PHP library uses setters and getters for
properties etc.,
 3. Demo charts. Each chart type has a `test_ foo` function which shows the
usage.
 4. Test coverage.
 5. No dependency on any python framework. The default distribution uses
Cherrypy.

Programming notes:
This is also the first time I used python meta classes.
The test cases are also used to generate the demo files you see on the
website.
I wouldn't call it literate programming but is self documenting.

I've been using this code in a django based app for over a month.

+PG

[1] http://teethgrinder.co.uk/open-flash-chart-2/