[BangPypers] PyXML deprecated?

Senthil Kumaran orsenthil at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 04:48:31 CET 2009

Hello Gagan,

> I am new user of Python and using Python 2.5.1. I noticed that PyXML package
> is not included by default. Is PyXML deprecated and no more supported ?

What are you using PyXML for? It is not a part of the standard library.

If you require XML Parsing, the elementtree out there is a pretty good
parsing library and its included by default in Python 2.5.

http://docs.python.org/library/xml.etree.elementtree.html
http://effbot.org/zone/element-index.htm

And for HTML and general XML parsing, Beautiful Soup library which is
a separate package seems an easy to use and preferred one as well.

http://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/

If any specific usage/questions with PyXML, just pose it and lets try
to find a way out.

Thanks,
Senthil