[BangPypers] How to develop site using Django

OOMMEN KM oommenkm at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 10:51:34 CET 2009

Hi All,
I am a beginner in Django Development.
I have installed Django.

 As I was trying to build my first site in Django, I gave the
django-admin.py  command I got the following error.

----------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/bin/django-admin.py", line 2, in <module>
   from django.core import management
 File
"/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line
7, in <module>
   from django.core.management.base import BaseCommand, CommandError,
handle_default_options
 File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/django/core/management/base.py",
line 3, in <module>
   from optparse import make_option, OptionParser
ImportError: cannot import name make_option

Can anyone help me in solving this issue.
Or Can anyone guide me in building my first site.

Thanking you in advance.

--
-------
Mr. Oommen Mathew