[BangPypers] Performance benefits of Generators?

Amit Saha amitsaha.in at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 17:09:48 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 8:48 PM, Roshan Mathews<rmathews at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 3:47 PM, Shekhar<pythonic at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The pdf at http://www.dabeaz.com/generators-uk/GeneratorsUK.pdf was a great
>> deal of help for me.
>> It has good examples about performance (some numbers too) gains in different
>> situations.
>>
> This was quite an amazing read.  I looked when the 4th edition of
> Python Essential Reference will be out, and found that it was
> announced just two weeks back:
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-announce-list/2009-June/007576.html

Read (on Safari) the chapter on Functions and Functional programming.
Closures, Generators- along with some hints on the performance
improvements (by using them) are described, Generators and Coroutines
are well presented too.

Best,
Amit

> Flipkart has the 3rd edition for some 400 rupees,
> http://www.flipkart.com/python-david-beazley-essential-reference/8131700445-tu23fqcqab
> wonder how long it will take for the indian version of the 4th
> edition to hit the markets.
>
> Roshan Mathews

Journal: http://amitksaha.wordpress.com,
µ-blog: http://twitter.com/amitsaha

Freenode: cornucopic in #scheme, #lisp, #math,#linux, #python