[BangPypers] Performance benefits of Generators?

Amit Saha amitsaha.in at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 10:36:00 CEST 2009

Hello Navin,

On Sat, Jul 4, 2009 at 9:40 AM, Navin Kabra<navin.kabra at gmail.com> wrote:

>> No not yet. I am not building a application where every mu-sec
>> matters. I appreciate the link and comments though. Will be helpful
>> some day in the future.

I hope I did not sound too terse. I *really* do appreciate the
pointers. Sorry, If I did.

> I guess my point is this:
>
> If you've chosen python as a language for your app, you have pretty
> much accepted that your application is not CPU bound. Hence you should
> not be worrying about the extra CPU cycles taken by advanced languages
> features. Use all possible language features (focusing on readibility
> and maintainability and other such things). Don't worry about the CPU
> performance unless there is a need to worry about, and even then, you
> should be thinking in terms of replacing a key function with C code
> rather than replacing a generator with a for loop.

Yeah. Right now, I am just exploring these concepts in Python simply
because its so easy to do it in this language. I am anticipating some
Python development coming up, and in the not too distant past, I had
started coding a software tool (a Fuzzy reasoning tool), knowing very
few Python-ic features. I don't want to repeat the same stupidity.

Thanks again!

Best Regards,
Amit

> navin.

Journal: http://amitksaha.wordpress.com,
µ-blog: http://twitter.com/amitsaha

Freenode: cornucopic in #scheme, #lisp, #math,#linux, #python