[BangPypers] design discussion.

Gora Mohanty gora at srijan.in
Thu Jul 16 20:52:53 CEST 2009

On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 13:10:42 +0530
"Madhubala" <madhubalav at infotechsw.com> wrote:

> Posted earlier with wrong description in the subject - sorry.
> Hi,
>
> I would like to put one design for discussion and would like to
> get appropriate solution after discussions. The details are below.
>
> There are  three dictionaries like
> goodObjects    {name:object} # object can be any data type which
> cannot/need not hold its type as good etc.
> badObjects     {name:object} unknownObjects {name:object}
>
> The requirement here is to display all these objects sorted by
> name and show different colors for good/bad/unknown

Show colours where? This is not a Python question.

> What is required here is  one data structure basically one more
> dictionary of combined of above three dicts
> like objects {name:objects} which will be sorted by keys and
> yields object when requested.
[...]

One solution might be to have the combined dictionary hold
other dictionaries which carry the type information. It is
possible that I am not understanding what you mean by
"cannot/need not hold its type as good etc.", because this
should be elementary Python.

Regards,
Gora