[BangPypers] User group meeting this weekend

Brad Allen bradallen137 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 03:59:05 CEST 2009

So are we confirmed for meeting at the ZeOmega RLP office at 2pm? Does
everyone know how to find it?

I don't have an organized talk with slides but I can show off some of
the source code we're using at ZeOmega, to provide usage examples of
Storm, nose testing, closures, Python logging, zope.component as a
standalone library, dateutil, memoize approach to caching...depending
on what people are interested in seeing.

However, I think it might be more interesting/fun to plan some coding
sprints involving Python 3.1. There is a lot of work to be done in the
community in getting libraries updated for Python 3.1, and I don't
really know much about Python 3.1. We could do a 'teach me Python 3'
session, similar to Steve Holden's 'teach me Twisted' open space
meeting from PyCon US 2008. It's an interesting format; one person
leads the questioning of a group of experts, providing an entertaining
banter for onlookers (who can also ask questions of course). It might
be a good way to get the whole group up to speed on Python 3 without
anyone having to put together formal training materials.