[BangPypers] Regarding 2 XML Files Comparision using Python

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 11:43:05 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 3:02 PM, Venkatraman S <venkat83 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 2:59 PM, testing123 test <swtest123 at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>>        I am prasad.I need a help to write a python script to compare two
>> XML Files.Is there any tutorial.Should we include any library?Please help me
>> How to start?

 What do you want to do while comparing two XML files ? Do you want to
 validate that both XML files  are the same, i.e result in the same
 DOM ? Or do you want to compare only some top-level elements ?
 Give us the context of the problem.

 Please don't CC xml-sig on routine XML programming stuff.
 You will probably get flamed/charred beyond recognition.

> It is a structured document! Please use some basic CS skills.
>
> -V-

-Anand