[BangPypers] Responding to people who lack the curiosity

Sriram Narayanan sriramnrn at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 08:43:14 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 11:50 AM, Sridhar
Ratnakumar<sridhar.ratna at gmail.com> wrote:
> Now do you think a person who is lazy to type a few characters in an
> Internet search engine (as evidenced by "Is there any tutorial. Should
> we include any library?") would be interested at all in reading a
> 60,000 words document?

I've concluded that a vast number of our developers are actually
incompetent, and also clueless on how to self-study and to conduct a
search. Perhaps our education system has conditioned their minds to
mug up and to read various study guides, and they are unaware that in
the real world, self help is necessary.

Having said that, I have felt it useful to reply to such posts with a
google search url, than to merely ask them to buzz off. I've observed
that with such replies, free loaders understand that they will get

-- Sriram