[BangPypers] Responding to people who lack the curiosity

Anand Balachandran abpillai at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 10:32:41 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 11:46 AM, Srijayanth Sridhar
<srijayanth at gmail.com>wrote:

> Good points, but what I am most curious about is why this phenomenon is so
> prevalent in the Indian dev community and not as pervasive elsewhere. The
> ruby community is rife with apt examples. The average Indian developer will
> pop up and demand answers for a really silly Rails question or something.

 Yes, this seems like a birth-right for a lot of Indian developers. It is as
if they
consider the effort to post in a forum to be less than the effort involved
in
googling and getting the answer directly.

 I have seen a lot of developers with Indian names getting flamed and burned
 at several comp.lang.* groups for posting stupid questions, which can often
 be just fu***ng googled.

As someone posted previously, this seems to be  a result of the kind of
education system that thrives here which favors mugging up rather than
original research and exploration.

--
-Anand