[BangPypers] Responding to people who lack the curiosity

Pradeep Gowda pradeep at btbytes.com
Fri Jun 12 15:36:45 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 8:57 AM, Srijayanth Sridhar<srijayanth at gmail.com> wrote:
> Names are irrelevant on the internet, so I agree with both of you in a
> certain way.

Well, there is one way to be relevant   in programming circles,
which is often condensed to -- "show your code or GTFO".

Ruby language recently lost a prodigal programmer. See _why's euology here [1]
The programmer Guy Decoux was mostly  known by his famous shell prompt
pigeon% and
`ts`, the prefix he used for his functions.

His code was his communication. Of course, this is an ideal worth striving to :)

Names do not matter, however identities still do.
In the absence of an established identity, people will be weary about you.
Your real name or an already established nick elsewhere  is a good start.

> You say your piece and back it up by the best references you can find. That is
> the accepted way of academia, industry and arts.
Good call. I thought so too about it on my way to work.
I will stick to what I know. Art, not much :)

[1] http://hackety.org/2008/09/25/legendNeverToBeSolved.html