[BangPypers] Today's IRC meeting

Parthan SR parth.technofreak at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 09:23:34 CET 2009

Baiju M wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at au-kbc.org> wrote:
>
>> handling money is the point where conferences here get into trouble.
>>
> Yes, this is really something we need to discuss.
>
> BTW, +1 for NRC-FOSS administering finance for PyCon India.

We can follow similar to something which I know a LUG has been
following. When you need to spend for X, get someone or a group of
people to directly sponsor for it. For example, if we want banners for
the event, group few of individual sponsors together and let them manage
the cost of meeting the requirement. In this way, we BangPypers do not
handle cash, which is done by whoever is sponsoring for specific
requirements. We can have venue sponsors, media sponsors, logistics
sponsors, accommodation sponsors, etc. and let us give them due credits
when we thank the sponsors. We only need one person to maintain a record
of who is sponsoring for what, which can be done in the wiki itself if
those details can be had public ;-)

--
With Regards,
Parthan SR "technofreak"

GPG Key     2FF01026
Fingerprint 5707 ECBD 8D8D 8E6E 28F8  DFA5 938B D861 2FF0 1026
Weblog      http://blog.technofreak.in