[BangPypers] Next IRC meeting

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 20:40:02 CET 2009

I have pasted here the minutes from the last meeting which I've
extracted from the IRC logs. We can have another IRC meeting on
Thursday and then have  f2f sometime next week if everyone is okay?

                          * Discussion items
                          ==================
Table of Contents
=================
1 Date
2 Format
    2.1 Multiple tracks
    2.2 Stalls
    2.3 Entry fee
    2.4 CFP
    2.5 Website + software
3 Venues (city - Bangalore)
    3.1 Possibilities
    3.2 Other ideas
4 Sponsorship
    4.1 Areas
5 Media

1 Date
======
   - Confirmed Sep 3,4,5.
   - 5 is a Saturday and we wanted a day off to recover

2 Format
========

2.1 Multiple tracks
-------------------
    - No formal distinction but we decide based on input from user community
* Ideas for tracks
  - Industry
  - Code sprints
  - Newbie
  - 'Advanced topics'
  - Maybe a separate one for web frameworks

2.2 Stalls
----------
    - Sponsors will probably want stalls
    - We can put an open area for trainers etc.

2.3 Entry fee
-------------
    - We have to charge an entry fee to make it look 'decent'

2.4 CFP
--------
    - Open review process
    - Review committee

2.5 Website + software
----------------------
    - Either Pycon software
    - Or what Kenneth used

3 Venues (city - Bangalore)
===========================

3.1 Possibilities
-----------------
   - IISc. (TATA memorial hall) - Approx 40k per day
   - BMSCE
   - PESIT - will have no cost
   - NIMHANS auditorium - 3L for 3 days
   - outskirts (St. Joseph's PG, visthar, fireflies)

3.2 Other ideas
---------------
   - Have groups visit possible venues?

4 Sponsorship
=============

4.1 Areas
----------
    - Speaker accomodation
    - Logistics (travel etc.)
    - Venue
    - Media
    - Conference kit/swag.

5 Media
=======
   - Magazines (being looked at by 'jace' and 'rmz102')

--
~noufal