[BangPypers] A question for us...

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Fri Mar 13 07:27:28 CET 2009

On Friday 13 March 2009 11:39:34 Vishal wrote:
> I am wondering why there is nothing related to Python in this conference.
> Is corporate computing still only about .NET, Java and Web with
> ColdFusion/AIR etc.

inertia - TCS, for example, has 50K java 'programmers' - what would it cost to
retrain them in python? But I remember reading some years back that the
hottest selling book at one of these java conferences in the US was the book
on Rails. But it is too expensive for big companies to shift to python. And
since they cant shift, they obviously cannot admit that python is better
suited.
--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves