[BangPypers] A question for us...

Ramdas S ramdas at developeriq.com
Fri Mar 13 07:32:44 CET 2009

Answer is $$$ is required for funding conferences. The organizers did not
find anyone with $$$ who has some vested interest in Python. If they had
you'd see Python there. I you look at sponsors of the conference, you can
map them easily to talks/topics of interest.

In India for every python developer you can find 5K java developers. As a
company CEO will you look at Python or Java, when it is not the decision
maker who'll write the code?

Evangelism is the only answer. Sun had billions to promote Java, and they
are(or were) reaping billions out of it. I don't know of any vendor with
such vested interest in Python. Till then community (including you and me)
need to do the bit, and reduce the gap even it's by inches....