[BangPypers] Python Day India

Kiran Jonnalagadda jace at pobox.com
Sun May 3 13:09:03 CEST 2009

2009/5/1 Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com>

> Taking "charge", I'm perfectly willing although I see the conference
> as something which comes about because the community wants it rather
> than an individuals ego trip. The only real need for a leader is to
> put his foot down at times when things are dragging.

Noufal, what I'm proposing is a community-centric model. Communities are
great for inputs, but not for decisions. Even in the most successful
community models, there is _always_ a core of (usually self-selected)
coordinators holding things together.

PyCon India needs this leadership, and this leadership needs to appoint
itself. The community can rally around a leader but can't appoint one.

Hope that clarifies.

--
Kiran Jonnalagadda
http://jace.seacrow.com/