[BangPypers] PyCon India logo contest!

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Thu May 21 17:19:11 CEST 2009

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 7:50 PM, Pankaj Nathani <croozeus at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Many potential designs - we have great designers in the community I must say
> :-)
>
> I like many of the designs but it is difficult to judge which one is the
> best without seeing all together at one place.
>
> I propose - after uploading all the logo designs to the Wiki - we should
> hold a private poll to choose the final one. Email voting is not a good
> idea, imo- many people keep changing their votes tempted by seeing new,
> better logos and many have +1 for all the good designs - making it difficult
> to choose one. So, how about a private poll for choosing the logo once we
> have all the nominated designs on the Wiki page?

No private polls.
Everyone gets to  vote on the Wiki. I've put up some. I'll put up the
rest on the site.

> We could use web private poll tools like vizu perhaps? or any good one that
> others might have had experience with.

Why not just use the wiki?

> There would be many times in the course of organizing the Pycon  that we
> would need the community to choose or decide among certain alternatives. We
> could start the private polls whenever we need such things.

I still prefer the wiki.

> Also, I feel it would help if we could have a list of points on the wiki
> page itself that the logo should appeal or indicate - like Python (snake),
> Python logo, Indian flag, tri colours, Indian conference, etc?

I have a logos page already up. Please add these points there. It's a
wiki. Everyone can collaborate on it. :)
http://wiki.python.org/moin/PyConIndiaLogos

--
~noufal