[BangPypers] Google Go

Pradeep Gowda pradeep at btbytes.com
Wed Nov 11 13:58:55 CET 2009

> That's what the big boys of the world wants you to believe. I had met a very
> senior official in the government a techy himself and spent 3 hours showing
> him virtues of Python and Django, hoping that they will change the RFP
> terms.
>
> I found out yesterday that the application has to be developed  on a proven
> technology like Java,C++ or C#. When I spoke to the gentleman he said his
> consultant said that dynamically typed languages are not safe for mission
> critical work. The work is far from being mission-critical is another point
> altogether.....

That's because "big boys" define the market suitable to themselves.

1. it's easier to code more, take more time when using "proven technology"
2. It's easy to hire an IDE-aware monkey to do programming in "proven
technology".

Anyway, one answer to "proven technology" bugaboo is Jython and
IronPython. It's still Java(platform) and .NET
with bi-directional compatibility.
+PG