[BangPypers] But IDEs rock! (was Google Go)

Darkseid lorddaemon at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 15:36:27 CET 2009

> 2. It's easy to hire an IDE-aware monkey to do programming in "proven
> technology"
I do most of my work in Ruby (and have done for a few years now). Every
day I bemoan the lack of a powerful refactoring IDE like Java has in
IntelliJ. A good IDE is a massive productivity booster; you can only get
so far with a text editor*, no matter how many macros you have set up.
Honestly.

Best,
Sidu.
http://blog.sidu.in
http://twitter.com/ponnappa

* This is especially true of USD1800 text editors like Visual Studio.