[BangPypers] SciPy India 2009 - SciPy.in

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 10:36:41 CEST 2009

On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at au-kbc.org>wrote:

> > > weird: http://fossee.in/whydrupal
> >
> >   Hadn't noticed it was written in Drupal. Well, they might have an
> >   excuse since they are focusing on "Scipy" rather than just Py!
>
> I am quite annoyed by the FUD about plone - granted plone is a pain to
> customise, but a Q&D CMS? All it needs is click click click - what on earth
> is
> this guy doing with buildout, restarting zope etc etc? Not that I would
> expect
> much from someone who is comfortable in drupal. SciPHP anyone?

  "Since I had some experience with drupal, I suggested that we go
  with drupal, since I had some experience with its working."

  I am bemused by this guy's thinking process. If he had some experience
with Drupal, then why not go for it the first thing ?
Why all this experiment with Plone and some good amount of bashing
at the end ?

 I typically stay away from Web framework stuff since it is not my
cup of tea, but it is quite strange to see this kind of Plone bashing
from a site which is hosting a Python related conference!

He should just change the "Why Drupal" content to "Because I
only know Drupal and I don't feel apologetic to run a non-python
framework for this site". The current content feels thoroughly
apologetic and quite flame inducing.

> --
> regards
> Kenneth Gonsalves