[BangPypers] SciPy India 2009 - SciPy.in

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 05:43:25 CEST 2009

On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 12:00 PM, Baiju Muthukadan <baiju at muthukadan.net>wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 7:30 AM, Baiju Muthukadan <baiju at muthukadan.net>
> wrote:
> > I found this today at python.org :
> >
> > http://scipy.in/
>
> I started this thread with the hope that they may get some
> encouragement.  BangPypers is a group of Python programs.

  You mean programmers, and a very sensitive group of programmers,
  mind you :-)

> Do we need to care whether they do it for Desktop,Web or
> whatever purpose. Also we should encourage all kinds
> of Python flavors like CPython, IronPython, Jython etc.
> Please provide them some support, if possible.

 Unfortunately, I do,  and a lot many others seems to.
 You would agree with many others who posted in this thread,
 that running a conf site about Python in Drupal is like going to
 the back-foot even before the very first ball is bowled. All the
 more if he is blogging about it and bashing Python frameworks
 while at it.

 Regarding any help, I doubt if they need any, since they seem to
 be well organized already.

> P.S:  I am not a "Sci" guy, so I won't be going for this conference.

 Yes, it surely is more Sci than Py I would say.  Still, it would be a good
 conf for engineers and mathematicians and guys who need more
 insights into numerical and mathematical problem solving.

> Regards,
> Baiju M

--Anand