[BangPypers] [ANN][X-Post] SciPy India conference in Dec. 2009

Asokan Pichai pasokan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 13:14:10 CEST 2009

Dear Anand,

It is as much your assumption that KG's one line comment referred to
scipy.in that started this. And the first page of fossee.in explains
that python is only one of the components of the project.

All the comments about the appropriateness of drupal for a python
conference site are misguided--because the conference site __is__ in
django.

And equally inappropriate are the comments along the lines of 'for
propagating python how can you use drupal?' because the site is for
more than python and that is explained in the first page.

Now I am as much a fan of the no-holds barred discussions, but I would
like draw the line at comments that are not informed about the subject
matter at hand

Asokan Pichai

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Anand Balachandran Pillai
<abpillai at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Madhusudan C.S <madhusudancs at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>

>> Thanks for clarifying. We(The Python group of the FOSSEE team) have been
>> looking at this thread and the thread on Scipy India 2009 - SciPy.in.
>>
>> I don't want to make any comments on the exchanges in the threads.
>>
>> This is a blog post from one of the senior persons in the team on the
>> subject:  http://fossee.in/blog/drupal
>
>   This is a much more sensible post that then "Why Drupal" one, the
>    tone of which started the whole conversation.
>
>    And forums like these exist for enthusiasts to indulge in lively,
> no-holds-barred
>    and quite often very critical discussions.  The rights are more than
>    "inalienable", they are fundamental.
>

>> --
>> Thanks and regards,
>>  Madhusudan.C.S