[BangPypers] A link I found today

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 12:02:15 CEST 2009

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 2:42 PM, Baiju Muthukadan <baiju at muthukadan.net>wrote:

> http://bitcheese.net/wiki/nopython
>
> Don't start a flame war now, please ;)

 I had a good laugh. Many of his comments are  broken including
 the "try...catch" comment. He also seems to be living on the fringes
 of Python world where even the Python twilight does not reach.
 I mean, I have never even heard of the apps he complain about namely
 "Gajim, lastmp, debtorrent, deluge, aldrin, wicd" etc !

 Under "broken syntax" he is talking about a floating point error. So
 much for being consistent in writing.

 "Python treats objects as hashes (dictionaries), but this approach is
flawed".

 There is no coherent argument on why this is "flawed" as  the author
 suggests.  And when did programming languages not have parens ?
 Show him LISP...!

 Looks like some failed coder with some penchant for making very
 bad blog posts. And I suggest he rename his site as "bitchee.net".

> --
> Baiju M

--Anand