[BangPypers] Python performance inprovements with GCC 4.4...any details

Vishal vsapre80 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 12:01:23 CEST 2009

Well, what I meant was: Everyone knows its an interpreted language and we
are choosing it for its productivity. Also, since its interpreted, its
performance will not / most probably not match that with compiled
languages...so any news in increase in performance is a giantly welcome
thing. Sometimes it also acts as a metric when choosing between different
dynamic languages (especially by managers, who are not going to develop and
not going to be in love with a particular language anyways)
Hence, the performance query...

Thanks and best regards,
Vishal

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Kenneth Gonsalves
<lawgon at thenilgiris.com>wrote:

> On Tuesday 13 Oct 2009 2:55:16 pm Vishal wrote:
> > Are there anymore details that can be shared? Interested to
> know...because
> > performance is always one of most sought after metric when choosing an
> > interpreted language.
>
> I thought it was the least important?
> --
> regards
> kg
> http://lawgon.livejournal.com

Thanks and best regards,
Vishal Sapre

---

"So say...Day by day, in every way, I am getting better, better and better
!!!"
"A Strong and Positive attitude creates more miracles than anything else.
Because...Life is 10% how you make it, and 90% how you take it"
"Diamond is another piece of coal that did well under pressure”
"Happiness keeps u Sweet, Trials keep u Strong,
Sorrow keeps u Human, Failure Keeps u Humble,
Success keeps u Glowing, But only God Keeps u Going.....Keep Going....."