[BangPypers] Perl or Python ?

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 20:47:42 CEST 2009

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 2:09 PM, Gopinath R <gopiindian86 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> It is my pleasure finding this mailing list. I am a Open Source guy. but
> not an expert. I m strong in Shell Scripting. I need to learn one more open
> source language for excellent job opportunities.
>
> I am bit confused in choosing it. I need your suggestions
>
> i should go for PERL or PYTHON. Which one is powerful and will give you
> more job opportunities?

 Today's job opportunities could be tomorrow's pink slips. Today's
 technology for fun could be tomorrow's job opportunity. Don't just look
 for immediate gratification when investing time in learning anything.

 When you decide to learn a language or any technology, consider how it is
 going to play out in the job market for the next 5 years or so. In that
 respect, Python is a good choice.

 I want to add that Python allows you to create your own opportunities.
 My own experience with the language is that I have reaped
 more than enough for the time I invested in learning it.

> Thanks,
> R.Gopinath
> http://neuronring.com

--Anand