[BangPypers] Why do indians copy?

Srijayanth Sridhar srijayanth at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 12:22:39 CEST 2009

I brought up the same topic a few months ago I think. Basically if you go to
the Ruby forums you'll find that on an average, there's at least one Indian
person a day who asks for solutions. A lot has to do with context and the
way the education system works. There is no active fostering of individual
thought. Everything is by rote, and the greatest example of this is in the
way history is taught. It is in the nature of the subject that history
cannot be taught without inciting curiosity, and yet, they take what should
be an exercise in cultivating curiosity and turn it into a mindless exercise
of remembering dates and figures.

Perhaps what I have listed is not a cause but yet another symptom of a
deeper problem, but I can't talk any more about this without hijacking this
thread and taking it into areas that won't be considered appropriate for
such a forum.

Thank you,

Jayanth