[BangPypers] Why do indians copy?

M.V.Ramana Murty murty_murty at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 16 12:15:08 CEST 2009

David Lyon,

Many thanks for the kind reply from Australia. I fully agree with you. I think copying, like corruption, is every where now and in the past, will be there in future also. Copying per se
is not a problem, but making it appear once achievement is a problem ( many scientific inventions have this controversy of copying, idea stealing... Form Markoni to Einstein.) and by doing so cheating one to himself is the problem.

I am ok with copying entire codebase of an application and understand it thoroughly but one should keep improving it fast and make it more powerful and elegant is the thing to do ( I am not referring to Microsoft :-). This is tantamount to Innovation (many confuse invention to innovation.. innovation is incremental improvement from and earlier invention, say the wheel ?).Most of the innovations are black swans, came to us by luck and from there great guys have taken to next level.

So, Copying is not a problem, stopping there is a problem, cheating himself and others with the copy is a regressive.

Thanks and Regards
MVR.Murty