[BangPypers] MongoDB Users anyone?

Zaki Manian zaki at manian.org
Fri Oct 16 12:54:29 CEST 2009

I'm very interested in the whole NoSQL movement.

I've looked at MongoDB. It seems like  a very cool implementation.

Union Square Ventures just made an investment in hosted MongoDB enivornment
http://www.10gen.com/

NoSQL databases seem to be differentiating among different use cases.

Riak and Cassandra for extremely large data.

MongoDB and Tokyo Cabinet for moderate data sizes and lots of speed.

CouchDB for the unique online/offline replication feature.

I would think Mongo DB would be very useful in any application where you
want to do lots of queries to build every view such as any newfeed style
feature.

One big difference from the SQL databases is that all your data manipulation
needs to be done in your application logic. In SQL databases, you can rely
on the database for sort, filter, join.

US number: +1 650-862-5992
Indian Number:+919945111824