[BangPypers] Why do indians copy?

Ramkumar Ramachandra artagnon at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 17:12:37 CEST 2009

I don't think the issue has much to do with "Indians copying". The
answer to the original question is simple: It's because India is a
poor country with a broken education system, where society has not
learnt to recognize and foster innovation and independent thought in
many fields. It's simple economics: people in poor countries feel more
"insecure" about their lives, and tend to choose the "safer" options.
All independent thought/ innovation requires a time investment- and
involves a risk. A risk people aren't willing to take. I don't think
the situation is significantly different from so many other poor
countries.

We are privileged to be educated, and we must use it for good. What
can we do about the situation? Have productive discussions about the
issues, and work towards rectifying them. I believe that education is
one major answer to many problems.

--
Artagnon (.com)