[BangPypers] Django and NIS authentication

Ramdas S ramdaz at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 09:05:44 CEST 2009

I've written a similar app, which is actually a mini utm app and is
successfully deployed at many of my clients, and publishes reports on the
network.

Django wont understand NIS by itself. You can use Python to do just that.
Also you have a number of Python modules which'll help you to gain some of
the system information.

Write specifically what all information you want to capture/read/write?

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 12:23 PM, LOhit <lohit.b at gmail.com> wrote:

> What I want to do: Write a django application which parses UNIX log files
> and also allows users (Admins) take action if something is wrong.
>
> The problem: Is there a way to make the Django app understand NIS and
> authenticate users using NIS backend?
>
> Found the following link while Googling. But, it is related to LDAP though.
>
> http://www.carthage.edu/webdev/?p=12
>
> PS: I am not a developer by profession, please go easy on me :)
>

> <http://www.carthage.edu/webdev/?p=12>Thanks,
> --
> LOhit

Ramdas S