[BangPypers] Posting style

steve steve at lonetwin.net
Tue Oct 20 14:49:14 CEST 2009

On 10/20/2009 06:06 PM, Anand Balachandran Pillai wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 5:53 PM, Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at au-kbc.org
>      > I will add this link to welcome message of this list.
>
>     once again I need to emphasise that first we need to decide whether
>     this list
>     will have recommended posting guidelines - else, every time anyone
>     is reminded
>     of it he will say 'who you to tell me how to post?'
>

>   Yes. It is better to have some guidelines and being informed up front
>   when joining the list than having to remind each and every person,
> "do this, do that, don't do this, don't use attachments, don't X post"
> etc...

I vote for mandating interleaved posting and non-html mail. The non-html is
because, looking at code, especially python code, in a variable width font is
painful and interleaved posting because it just is the most natural manner to
carry on a conversation with more than one person.

...and for people who think that nobody can tell them how they should post would
be also spared any comments from me (and possibly others too). Everybody wins !

cheers,
- steve

--
random non tech spiel: http://lonetwin.blogspot.com/