[BangPypers] Posting style

steve steve at lonetwin.net
Wed Oct 21 12:45:05 CEST 2009

Actually not quite true. You'd need to be very smart to be able to do that.

On 10/21/2009 01:59 PM, Dhananjay Nene wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 5:31 PM, Kenneth Gonsalves<lawgon at au-kbc.org>wrote:
>
>>  On Tuesday 20 Oct 2009 5:28:52 pm Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
>>  >  On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 3:53 PM, Baiju M<mbaiju at zeomega.com>  wrote:
>>  >  >  Hi,
>>  >  >     I hope this link would be useful for some newly joined
>>  >  >  members:
>>  >  >  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style
>>  >
>>  >  This helped me when I first ventured into mailing lists and IRC
>>  >  http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html<http://catb.org/%7Eesr/faqs/smart-questions.html>
>>
>>  here are the guidelines for ilugc:
>>  http://demo.ilugc.org.in/report/4/
>>

> I have a feeling, far out in the future when driving on either side of the
> road will be just as convenient,
> we shall still continue to see ex traffic wardens attempting to enforce
> drive on the left or drive on the
> right rules simply because thats the way things are done over here - quite
> oblivious to the fact that the
> rest of the world really doesn't care a whiff. I sometimes do wonder why it
> counts for so much - I mean
> I can read top / bottom / interleaved posts with adequate comfort without
> having to bother to pause to
> wonder what style of post it is. The best rules are those which are never
> imposed :)

Could you figure out from my top post above the *context* in which I made the
remark ? Was my comment about the driving rules or the posting style ?

The whole *point* about interleaved posting is knowing the *context* of the
replies. Rules /evolved/ for a reason.

If that doesn't make things clear, I can't imagine what would.

cheers,
- steve

--
random non tech spiel: http://lonetwin.blogspot.com/